Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where are the snows of yesteryear?





They are all in my garden this year, I think. After a lot of snowless years here in zone 7, this year we have had already a generous 19" dollop of the white stuff the week before Christmas. Plans upended, Christmas shopping unfinished, traffic snarled, general chaos and confusion -- so much for peace on earth, goodwill to men, and dreaming of a white Christmas!

Herewith a couple of photos, to remind me that nothing lasts forever -- not snow, not flowers, not summer nor winter. If the Blogspot agrees, these are pairs -- front walk, back patio, winter/summer.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Brrr! I hope you aren't freezing to death! I tried to send you an e-mail to see if you and Bob are still thinking about making a trip, but the e-mail came back with an error message something like "permanent problems, here." Hope you are doing well!